Junior Cert Easter Revision Courses
Our highly successful Easter Course offers an excellent opportunity to revise the key topics across a wide range of subjects. Our teachers are among the best in Ireland. Teachers of our courses are experienced examiners including chief examiners, many of whom have written text and revision books. Excellent notes are provided. The list of topics under each subject are intended as a general guide and may change.
For enquiries for bookings from Sunday 17th at 9pm please call the College on Monday morning after 8.30am.
NOTE; ANYONE BOOKING FROM THIS AFTERNOON WEDNESDAY 13TH APRIL MUST ARRIVE IN BRUCE COLLEGE 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE START OF THEIR FIRST CLASS TO COLLECT THEIR ADMISSION PACK
The Easter Course runs from Monday 18th April to Friday 22nd April inclusive
The Junior Cert. Course takes place in Bruce College, St. Patrick’s Hill.
Please see terms & conditions for refund/absenteeism policy.
Topics will be taken from the list below
Financial Analysis of Final Accounts,
Demand and Supply,
The European Union,
- Exam Technique:
- Timing of the exam.
- Marks allocated to the questions throughout the exam.
- Reading and understanding exam questions.
- Marking Scheme:
- Features of Quality of Writing (High / Middle / Low).
- Spelling and punctuation errors.
- CSEM - Content / Structure / Expression / Mechanics.
- JC Exam papers - 2018 and 2019:
- Questions and answers (marking scheme) relating to the different sections of the Junior Cycle curriculum.
- Language Genres:
- Language of Narration.
- Language of Information.
- Language of Description.
- Language of Persuasion.
- Language of Argument.
- Film Studies:
- Features of a film.
- Camera Angles.
- Music and Sound Effects.
- Lighting and Special Effects.
- Human Geography: Population - Density, distribution, pyramids and migration.
- Physical Geography: Plate tectonics,, volcanic activity, earthquake activity, the rock cycle and coastal processes.
- Economic Geography: Secondary activities, tertiary activities & economic inequality.
- Skills: OS maps & aerial photographs.
- Exam technique.
- Short Questions
- Focus on Evidence
- Answering Questions and Exam Techniques.
Monday 18th April-Friday 22nd April 2022
|9:30-10:30||MATHS (H) P 1 Full
|10:45-11:45||MATHS (H) P2 Full
ENGLISH (H) Full
SCIENCE (H) Cancelled 15/3
MATHS (H) P1
|1:00 – 2:00pm LUNCH|
|2:00-3:00||MATHS (H) P 2 Full
SCIENCE (H) Full
IRISH (H)MATHS (H) P1
Full prices below:
Please Terms & Conditions for refund/absenteeism policy.
There is a non refundable €25 booking fee included in the price of your booking.
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Bruce College provides part time tuition and intensive revision courses (theCourses) to students who are preparing for the Leaving Certificate, JuniorCertificate and are in full-time second level education (the Student).
- The School reserves the right to decline an enrolment from any student. • The College reserves the right to withdraw its services from a Student for any breach of discipline, the definition of which is at the sole discretion of the College management.
- The Course details (as found on www.brucecollege.ie) outline the content and objectives of the Course. The Student is responsible for determining the course enrolled is appropriate for their needs. Views or opinions expressed by teachers during the course are entirely their own. The School does not accept liability for errors on any advice given or views expressed by teachers or in any notes or documentation provided to students by teachers.
- The College reserve the right to amend without recourse to refund , the Course detail, including the course content, structure and schedule , including commencement dates, times and location of classes.
- Students may only attend classes as scheduled by Bruce College based on their subject selection. Breach of this will result in removal from the course. • A student may request in advance of the course a change in subjects. • If requested during the courses the school may be limited in accommodating any change due to class quotas. A surcharge of €10 will apply to changes requested during the course.
- Students are only entitled to notes for classes for which they are enrolled. • Our cancellation policy facilitates a refund on receipt of a written cancellation at least two weeks prior to the course commencement date. There is a non refundable booking fee of €25 included in the price. Please allow a maximum of 28 days for processing.
- If a student cannot attend for any reason, the College will upon request forward any relevant notes. The college will not refund any cancellation or absenteeism after the required two weeks advance cancellation notice.
- In the case of a potential closure due to unforeseen events , (pandemic, weather event, unavailability of property for the course, etc), the college will reschedule classes to another date , at the discretion of the school and before the commencement of the Leaving Cert. and Junior Cert. written exams in June. The school may provide for this course through recorded,online, live classes or a combination of these mediums.
- If the school are unable to reschedule the classes or provide an online alternative before June a refund for the part of the course not complete will be processed.
- The school accept no liability for loss or damage of student property. • Parking is not provided to students or parents,
- Our terms and conditions will be governed by the Laws of Ireland.